It is possible to change your identity legally under extreme circumstances and be a different person. There are many legal steps involved in this process. These steps are simple but to be followed strictly for complete legal identity change.
• Get the government to provide you with a new identity. This is only possible under certain circumstances, such as in the case of abuse or identity theft. Although you can change your name for almost any reason that isn’t fraudulent, you need to justify your reason for changing your Social Security number. Law enforcement agencies can provide you with the documented evidence you need to take to the Social Security Administration. Under these circumstances, you may be able to get a new Social Security number for no fee.
• Change your name. If you will settle for legally changing your name, this process is state specific, so find the form for your state online. After a legal name change, you must have your name changed on everything else, including your, credit cards, driver’s license and passport.
• Get settled in a different country away from friends and family and start your new life. Find a new job that defines your new persona. Change your lifestyle and the way you dress. You might as well learn a new hobby.
Tips & Warnings
• Books and websites offering to sell tips on changing your identity are all scams. They claim to be able to change your identity completely and provide you with the supporting documentation. They’ll take your money and send you a bad fake ID or issue the same set of documentation to multiple customers. They always require a fee to give you information that would only help a criminal. There are no ways to legally change your complete identity without the government.
• Beware of “paper-chasing” or “paper tripping,” which is buying the identity of a dead child. Paper trippers literally walk through a grave yard, find a deceased child born in the same year as you and resurrect the child’s identity.
• Beware of sites offering to sell you fake IDs. They are usually poor quality rip-offs with a slim chance of ever achieving anything, especially if the goal in mind is to change your identity. Many new identity-changers make the mistake of buying fake ID. Though forged identification documents may look authentic, they’ll never pass an on-line verification so they’re of very limited use in the building of a new identity. A fake drivers license may get you into a bar if you’re underage, but it isn’t much good for anything else.
• Don’t just take over someone else’s identity and pretend to be that person. This is known as identity theft and is illegal. This includes using another person’s information for criminal activity, financial transactions, identity cloning or business identity.
Changing the identity is indeed a risky thing to do. But in any circumstances it is considered a savior for some personal problems specially those who were a victim of abuse or identity theft. It greatly helped thousands of individuals seeking for a fresh new life. I always thought it could not be possible in real life since i always see this things in movies. If you are ever planning to change your identity the steps and tips provided are surely a huge help. Good Luck!